Web Development Volunteer is expected to collaborate directly with Web Development Specialist and Communications Manager to improve web appearance, enhance the responsiveness, and design landing pages as needed. The successful candidate will have an interest in human rights and indigenous issues, proficient skills in web development, will be detail-oriented and organized, and able to work independently.
- Create website layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Be responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling our web site
- Cooperate with web designers to match visual design
- Proven working experience in web programming
- Top-notch programming skills and in-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems, Object Oriented Programming and web application development
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
Ideally, candidate will also possess written and spoken Spanish language capability but not necessary.
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org